Give your french fries some flare by adding some lemon & herbs!
Enjoy the recipe clip and recipe below.
Carla Hall & Clinton Kelly LEMON & HERB SALTED FRIES
- 2 pounds Russet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1/2″ sticks)
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into 1/2″ sticks)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt (plus more to taste)
- 1 lemon (zested)
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves (chopped)
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves (chopped)
- vegetable or canola oil (for frying)
- Fill a heavy-bottomed pot a couple inches high with oil. Preheat oil to 325ºF.
- Working in batches, drop the potatoes into the oil. Par-cook the fries for 5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Using the same oil, raise the temperature to 360ºF.
- Working in batches again, drop the par-cooked fries into the oil. Fry until golden brown and crisp, about 3 to 4 more minutes. Remove fries to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, mix the salt, zest and herbs together in a small bowl. Use your finger tips to massage the oils into the salt.
- Immediately season the hot fries with the lemon-herb salt.
- Tip: when frying, working in small batches. This helps to maintain the heat of the oil.