C&C (Carla and Clinton) whipped up an extremely flavorful grilled cheese sandwich today on The Chew. The hot red pepper jelly is sure to leave your mouth watering!
Enjoy the recipe clip and recipe below.
Carla Hall and Clinton Kelly SWEET PEPPER GRILLED CHEESE
SWEET PEPPER GRILLED CHEESE
- 1 loaf brioche bread (cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 1 jar hot red pepper jelly
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 jar sweet piquanté peppers
- 8 ounces goat cheese
- 1 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1 stick salted butter (softened)
- kosher salt
- Butter one side of 2 slices of brioche bread. Place them butter-side-down on a clean work surface.
- Add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the jelly and stir to combine.
- Spread some hot pepper jelly onto the non-buttered sides of the bread. Top one of the bread slices with a couple slices of provolone, a few sweet piquanté peppers, arugula, and goat cheese. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Top with the other slice of bread, pepper jelly-side down.
- Preheat a nonstick pan over medium heat. Add the grilled cheese to the pan and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown and the cheese has melted, about 3 more minutes.
- Cut the grilled cheese in half and serve with lemon-herb fries.
- Tip: substitute with your favorite cheese! Mix and match with a creamy cheese and one medium-hard cheese to add some contrast in texture.