The Chew: Daphne Oz and Carla Hall Mystery Challenge
Daphne Oz and Carla Hall had a special Mystery Challenge on The Chew, where they teamed up to take ingredient suggestions from the audience and make a great Zucchini Ricotta “Meatballs” recipe. The audience voted for them to include zucchini, tomato sauce, and Italian spices.
If you’d like to learn how to make the healthy and flavorful zucchini-ricotta meatballs that chef Carla Hall and Daphne Oz made on “The Chew” on Tuesday, April 21, 2015, please watch the videos below and follow the link to “The Chew” for the recipe.
- 3 zucchini
- 1 red onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 3/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup basil (chopped, plus more to serve)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (chopped)
- 1 pinch red chili flakes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- canola oil for frying (substitute with olive oil or coconut oil)
- 1 jar tomato sauce (to serve)