Instead of grilling your sliders, bake them!
BAKED BEEF SLIDERS
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups caramelized onions
- 1/2 pound sliced yellow cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slider buns
- Place a cupcake tray in an oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Meanwhile, form 6 round patties in the same size as the cupcake tray. Season both sides of all patties with salt and pepper. When the oven is preheated, carefully and quickly place the formed patties into the cupcake tray using tongs. (Be careful not to burn yourself on the hot pan.) Quickly place the filled pan back in the oven and bake for 5 minutes to 10 minutes for desired doneness. 5-6 minutes for a medium burger.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and the Dijon mustard. Set aside.
- Place a piece of sliced cheese on top of the hot slider. Smear some dijonnaise on the slider buns. Serve cooked sliders on slider buns and top with caramelized onions.