Carla takes a turn at this internet sensation – chocolate sushi!
CHOCOLATE PEANUT SESAME SUSHI
- 1 package sesame breadsticks (finely crushed)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate crispy cereal (kitchen use cocoa pebbles)
- 1 1/4 cups marshmallow spread
- 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup bittersweet chocolate (to serve)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Line a 1/4 sheet tray with parchment paper. Place sesame breadsticks in food processor or plastic bag and crush until finely ground. Evenly sprinkle the sesame crumbs over the parchment.
- In a pot, add butter and heat over medium heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted, about 5 minutes. Add chocolate crispy cereal and mix to coat, working quickly. Dollop the rice cereal evenly on top of the ground sesame sticks. Grease hands with butter or cooking spray. Carefully press the rice cereal into an even layer. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Coat spatula with cooking spray. Remove cereal treat to a cutting board. Spread the marshmallow fluff over the cooled cereal. Cut the cereal treat in half lengthwise. Place peanut butter in a piping bag. Pipe peanut butter down the center of each cereal treat. Place on a bamboo sushi mat and roll both sides together to form a seam. Slice crosswise into individual sushi pieces.
- In a medium bowl, add bittersweet chocolate and heavy cream. Place over a double boiler or microwave until smooth. Serve warm with the sushi to dip.
– Serve with chopsticks!
– Use parchment paper to help roll the sushi!