This recipe looked incredibly easy to put together and came out absolutely delicious. If you’re looking for a simple dessert that takes less than 15 minutes to put together this Christmas, look no further than Carla Hall’s Pineapple Upside Down Monkey Bread recipe.
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN MONKEY BREAD
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) refrigerated biscuit dough
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup maraschino cherries (halved)
- 3 cups fresh pineapple (diced)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a Bundt pan by spraying with nonstick baking spray.
Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the biscuits with the shredded coconut and sugar and toss to coat. Set aside.
In a nonstick sauté pan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the brown sugar and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Pour the mixture evenly into the bottom of the Bundt pan. Distribute the cherries on top of the melted sugar mixture and add the cubed pineapple. Top with the sugar-coconut coated biscuits.
Place in the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Using a cake stand or platter, invert the monkey bread. Serve warm.
1. Replace the maraschino cherries with fresh, dried or thawed frozen cherries.
2. Serve the monkey bread in the center of the table so everyone can pull a piece from it!