This delicious dish is a great way to use leftover beans & rice for breakfast!
BREAKFAST BEANS & RICE
- 2-4 tablespoons salsa
- 1 can black beans (drained, 14 ounces)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- hot sauce (to taste)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (roughly chopped)
- 2 tablespoons scallions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 fried eggs
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place a medium skillet over medium heat.
- To a jar of salsa, add about 1/4 cup of water. Close the jar and shake to release salsa. Transfer to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Add the beans and rice and stir to warm through. Season with salt and pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- In a second skillet and add 1 tablespoon olive oil and heat over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into individual bowls. Once pan is hot, carefully pour into the pan. Allow to cook until white is cooked but yolk is still runny, about 5 minutes. Place on top of the rice and beans. Garnish with cilantro and scallions.