- 4 flour tortillas (6 inch)
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 6 large eggs (beaten)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- sour cream (to serve)
- roasted chipotle salsa (to serve)
- avocado (to serve)
- cilantro (to serve)
- lime segments (to serve)
- Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the tortillas, two at a time and allow to warm on one side. Flip and place a slice of the cheese on each tortilla and allow to melt. Remove to a plate and repeat with the remaining tortillas.
- Meanwhile, heat a another large nonstick sauté pan over medium low heat and melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in the pan. Pour the eggs into the warm pan. Let the eggs sit for 15 seconds and then using a spatula, begin to push the eggs towards the center of the pan. Cook the eggs, continuously pushing them towards the center until they begin to set. The eggs should be of soft scrambled consistency. Finish by removing the pan from the heat and adding the additional tablespoon of butter, folding it into the eggs as it melts.
- Divide the eggs between the tortillas with the melted cheese. Serve topped with sour cream, salsa, avocado and cilantro.Tip
– Swap out the flour tortillas for corn tortillas for a gluten free option.