This creamy & delicious pasta will be a new staple in your house!
CAVATELLI WITH SPINACH & PROSCIUTTO
- 1 pound cavatelli
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 1/4 pound prosciutto (thinly sliced, cut into thin ribbons)
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 lemon (zest & juice)
- 1/4 cup Pecorino Romano (plus more to garnish)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Drop the pasta and cook until al dente, according to package instructions.
- Add the butter, sage and prosciutto to a large, high-sided sauté pan. Place over medium heat and melt the butter. Cook until the prosciutto just begins to brown and the butter has infused with sage. Remove and discard the sage sprigs.
- Add the spinach, a pinch of salt and some freshly ground black pepper. Sauté until the spinach has wilted. Then, add the zest and juice of half a lemon.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the sauté pan along with a few tablespoons of pasta cooking water. Stir to combine and to coat the pasta in the butter sauce. Remove from heat, add the Pecorino Romano and toss well to combine.
- Serve pasta with more freshly grated Pecorino Romano and ground black pepper on top.