MUSHROOM FETTUCCINI ALFREDO
- 1 pound cremini mushrooms (sliced)
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature, divided)
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
- 1 pound fresh fettuccini
- 1 cup pasta water (divided)
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter into the pan and add a drizzle of olive oil. Add the mushrooms in an even layer, being sure not to crowd the pan. Allow the mushrooms to brown, stirring occasionally until cooked through. Sprinkle in the chopped rosemary, season with salt and pepper, and cook a minute more. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add the fresh pasta to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until al dente. Meanwhile place the remaining butter into a large mixing bowl. Remove the pasta from the pot directly into the mixing bowl along with 1/4 cup of pasta water. Quickly toss the pasta in the bowl and add in the cheese. Add the remaining 3/4 cup pasta water to loosen and form a sauce and stir in the browned mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with more freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano.
Enjoy Recipe Clip Below