Craving a little heat on your burger? Try Daphne’s buffalo chicken burger for extra zing!
BUFFALO CHICKEN BURGER
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup zucchini (grated)
- 1 shallot (grated)
- 1 cup panko
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 1/4 cup buffalo hot sauce
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 sesame buns (buttered and toasted)
- 1 cup corn chips
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon buffalo hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese
- 1/4 cup celery (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 head purple cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 cup carrot (shredded)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chives (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (chopped)
- For Slaw: in a large bowl, combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, hot sauce, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Stir in blue cheese.
- Add to the Dressing: shredded cabbage, carrots, celery, shallot, chives and parsley. Toss to combine.
- For Burgers: in a large bowl, combine ground chicken, grated zucchini, grated shallot, panko, egg, hot sauce, salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties.
- Grill patties over medium-high heat for 5 minutes per side. Top with a bit of blue cheese and cover with bowl or large lid for 1 minute to melt cheese.
- To assemble burgers, place a chicken patty on bottom of toasted bun. Top with slaw and a handful of corn chips. Smear a bit of mayonnaise on the remaining bun and place on top.