MAC N’ CHEESE FLORENTINE
- leftover mac n’ cheese (chilled)
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 4 tablespoons butter (separated)
- 4 eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- hot sauce to taste
- Pull your leftover mac n’ cheese out of the refrigerator. Use a cookie cutter to cut out 4 round pieces.
- Preheat a medium non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoons of butter. When the butter has melted, add the spinach and sauté until just wilted. Season to taste with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Remove spinach from pan, set aside and keep warm.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in the sauté pan. Add the round pieces of mac n’ cheese and cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip the round pieces to the other side and cook an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown and warmed through. Remove to a plate and set aside to keep warm.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the sauté pan over medium heat. When melted, crack 4 eggs into the pan and turn the heat to medium-low. Cover and cook until the whites have cooked through. Season the yolks with salt and pepper.
- While the eggs are cooking. Plate the cooked mac n’ cheese rounds with some spinach on top of each piece. Top each with a fried egg. Serve with hot sauce to taste.