Daphne Oz Popcorn Shrimp
Feel free pop these into your mouth, one at a time, or pile them high for your next sandwich. Take it from us, you won’t be disappointed! Daphne Oz and Carla Hall teamed up on The Chew to make these recipes that are perfect for your next bachelorette party. First there’s the delicious Popcorn Shrimp recipe and then there’s the adorable Margarita Watermelon Jello Shot recipes.
- 1 pound rock shrimp
- 2 cups rice flour (plus 1/2 cup to dredge)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups ice cold seltzer
- vegetable oil (to fry)
- For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 cup chives (thinly sliced)
- Preheat oil to 360ºF.
- Place half a cup of rice flour in a large bowl or casserole dish and season with salt. Add the shrimp to the seasoned rice flour and toss to coat.
- In a large bowl, combine the chilled seltzer and egg yolks, whisking until combined. Add the 2 cups of rice flour and stir just until mixed, but not smooth. Batter the shrimp, allowing the excess to drip off.
- In batches, fry the shrimp until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- In a large bowl, add the mayonnaise, chipotle in adobo puree, honey, juice of half a lime, and chives. Stir to combine. Add the shrimp to the bowl with the dressing and toss to coat.
- To serve, skewer three shrimp together. Repeat with remaining shrimp. Transfer to a platter. Garnish with chives.
- Tip: Use very cold soda water when combining with the egg yolk, as cold soda water holds onto the bubbles much better.