Bring the taste of Spain to your next brunch party with these tasty pork & jamon rollups!
Enjoy the recipe clips below.
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (3 ounces each)
- 6 thin slices Jamon Serrano (substitute Prosciutto)
- 1 cup freshly grated manchego cheese
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup potato chips (crushed)
- olive oil (for shallow frying)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- mayonnaise, ketchup and yellow mustard (to serve)
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- Place each piece of pork between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet, pound to 1/4 inch thick. Lay a slice of ham on each piece of pork and sprinkle with cheese. Roll up into a tight cylinder and secure with a couple of toothpicks.
- Season the half and half with salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Place the breadcrumbs and potato chips in another shallow bowl. Dip each pork roll into the half-and-half and then into the breadcrumbs, turning to coat; set aside on a plate.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the breaded pork rolls and cook, turning occasionally, until golden and crisp on all sides, about 10 minutes total. Drain on paper towels.
- To serve, cut into 1-inch slices and serve with mayonnaise, ketchup, yellow mustard and lemon wedges.