Learn how to make Mario Batali’s Neapolitan Meatballs.
This week on The Chew, Mario shared his amazing Neapolitan Meatballs with Red Wine Rosemary Sauce. This dish looked absolutely amazing and it actually took less than an hour to prepare.
If you’d like to learn how to make these amazing meatballs, watch the video above and follow the link for the directions for the recipe.
**Secret to this recipe Mario says is to use day-old bread.
NEAPOLITAN MEATBALLS WITH RED WINE ROSEMARY SAUCE
- 3 cups day-old bread, cut into 1/4″ cubes
- 1 1/4 pounds ground beef
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 3/4 cup grated pecorino cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 tablespoon Kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/4 extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 red onions, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 cups whole peeled San Marzano tomatoes (crushed by hand)