Mario Batali Sweet, Spicy and Salty Breakfast Sandwich
Have you been searching for something new to shake things up for breakfast? Are you sick and tired of eggs and are looking for an alternative? Well look no further friend! Mario Batali from “The Chew” whipped up a delightful eggless breakfast sandwich that is sweet, spicy and salty and takes less than 15 minutes to prepare. Mario Batali’s Sweet, Spicy and Salty breakfast sandwich is definitely for the adventurous at heart.
Learn how to make the sweet, spicy and salty breakfast sandwich that chef Mario Batali and iron chef Michael Symon made on “The Chew” on Wednesday, March 18th, 2015.
- 8 pieces cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 ham steak (about 8 oz.)
- 1 drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 bell peppers (red and orange, roughly chopped)
- 1 shallot (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (plus 1 Tbsp.)
- cayenne pepper sauce (to taste)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
If you would to learn how to make this tasty sandwich, that is sure to shake things up that Mario Batali made on “The Chew” on March 18, 2015, please watch the videos below and follow the link to the recipe.