GRANOLA PANCAKES WITH CARAMELIZED BANANA SYRUP
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted, plus more for greasing the pan)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 recipe Lizzie’s Granola
BROWN SUGAR-BANANA SYRUP
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 cups bananas (sliced in to ¾-inch thick rounds on a slight bias, about 3 to 4 bananas)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt, and whisk to combine.
- In a second bowl, add the egg, sour cream, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract, and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet into the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Place griddle or nonstick pan over medium heat. Add some butter to grease the pan then pour a few tablespoons at a time of batter to form a medium-sized pancake. Sprinkle an even layer of granola on each pancake. Cook until bubbles appear and start popping, then flip and continue to cook on the other side until golden. Remove pancakes to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm. Continue making pancakes with remaining batter.
- For the Banana Syrup: in a saucepan, melt the butter. Once melted and starting to foam, add the bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the sugar has melted. Add the maple syrup and simmer for 5 minutes, until the bananas slightly soften.
- Serve warm pancakes with plenty of banana syrup over the top. Finish with more granola, if desired.
– Keep plenty of granola around and serve over some Greek yogurt!
– Use the base pancake batter recipe and add your favorite fillings!