- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
- canola oil (for frying)
- sea salt
- In a heavy bottomed saucepot, heat oil to 325ºF.
- In the meantime, peel the potatoes and cut them into ½ “ by ½ “ sticks.
- Drop them into the oil in small batches. There should be 1-2 inches of oil above the potatoes so don’t overcrowd. Par cook the potatoes for 5-7 minutes until light golden brown and almost cooked through. Remove to a sheet tray lined with paper towels or a sheet tray with a roasting rack on top for draining. Repeat this process until all of the potatoes are cooked.
- Increase the temperature of the oil to 350º F. When the oil is up to temperature, drop 2 small handfuls of fries at a time to finish cooking them, allowing them to crisp up. This will take another 2 minutes and they will finish turning golden brown.
- Remove the fries from the oil to a medium sized mixing bowl, seasoning well with salt and lemon juice immediately after they come out of the oil.